A bit of a sleep-in almost got the better of me. Knowing I'll have to return to Shanghai, I decided to leave the construction zone and start doing what I came here for.
At 10AM I dashed out, took the metro around to Shanghai Station, then re-surfaced and spotted the Longmen Hotel. Marching towards it, looking for the easy way to buy tickets as a foreigner, it suddenly revealed the lowest 4 floors being demolished! I managed to buy a more expensive ticket fairly easy from the station's ticket office.
Back-tracking to the Captain Hostel, I rammed all my things into my pack then checked out right on 12 noon.
Things to do when back in Shanghai:
- Oriental Pearl Tower - that giant syringe on the opposite bank
- check out 1930's strip of the French concession for that old world feel
- the underwater tunnel - it is so mysterious
- China Sex Culture Museum - something about a lesbian dildo
- Jade Buddha Temple - in case the sex museum fails to enlighten
- The Maglev - who doesn't want to go 430 km/hour to get to the airport in 8 minutes!