Sunday, October 02, 2005

fear of fashion

I now have some idea how the Chadstone shopping centre back home turned into my worst nightmare.

Working at AlPark again today. It's another giant shopping mall. Despite being a Sunday morning, many people are dressed like they own the catwalk.

There is no way I can compete or even keep up with the latest trends. For the ladies, CFM boots, often interpreted as slutty back home, are quite common and proudly worn here in Japan.

Are you dressed right?One of the few arenas where younger Japanese people can rebel against the norm and subtleness of the nation, is in their personal appearance in private time. And never by half measures either. Unlike many local men, I don't think I would make a very good Rod Stewart look-a-like.Rod Stewart

I think I better just find some shoes that are comfortable and cheap!

No comments: