Thursday, October 13, 2005

turning the web into 'sushi belts'

Let's check the stats:
  • 200+ Japan photos on flickr so far.
  • 100 posts to this blog. This is #100. Hooray!
  • 83 addresses in my Japanese mobile phone.
  • 8 postcards, 2 posters and 1 calendar from outside of Japan. Thanks for helping me decorate my room.
  • 7 books on Japan: 2 guidebooks, 3 language books, 2 novels.
  • 6 months in Japan. Wow, time flies...
  • 5 different branches I have worked at.
  • 5 or so festivals in the local area.
  • 4 games of pool a week on average, maybe...
  • 3 times to Miyajima island.
  • 3 nights a week boozing average - about to decrease with winter hibernation imminent.
  • 3 Japanese pop music albums in my iTunes library.
  • 3 mattresses under my futon, 2 pillows.
  • 2 free Japanese lessons each week (but no self study homework!)
  • 2 Kit-Kats a week on average.
  • 2 different apartments I've lived in. The company lease finished in the previous building.
  • 2 B-52's that were free of charge. Thanks Kevin.
  • 2 times I've seen the same shit movie in 2 different cinemas and rejection resulted.
  • 2 times I paid the ransom on rescuing my first bike, before it was stolen.
  • 1 cat I have palmed off responsibility for looking after.
  • 1 Japanese movie downloaded from the 'net.
  • 1 hour of non-stop table tennis.
  • 1 psycho housemate (N.B. housemate is someone you share a house with, not a room).
  • 1 restaurant experience of eating sashimi, and 1 of tempura. Yum!
  • 1 pair of unsuitable shoes for work bought. Let's go shopping all over again.
If you're not getting enough out of reading my blog, there's a BBC news article, Turning the web into 'sushi belts' that describes how you can now consume 100 times more!

No comments: