Friday, March 18, 2005

¥ cash and the Fukk Building

Language - a big part of culture defining, for sure. So what happens when you stuff it up? Anyone that's tried to pick up another language knows it can be difficult, but you have a lot of fun along the way.

What else do you need in another country? Cold hard cash is the go in Japan.
In July 2000, the Japanese government issued its first ¥2,000 bill. Currency, particularly paper money, is said to reflect the culture and society of the issuing nation. If so, what does the new ¥2,000 bill say about today's Japan?
I grabbed some yen from the bank today, the exchange rate seems good this week. I see lots of zeros on my ¥10,000 notes. Now I just have to train myself not to do-a-runner when I see large digit bills.

This email came to my inbox earlier today from my great friend Christie. Email is a work tool? - yeah right!
An Asian man was trying to exchange yen for dollars and asks the American bank teller, "Why it change? Yestoday I get two hunat dollar fo yen.- today, I get hunat eighty?

The bank teller says, "Fluctuations."

The Asian man says, "Fluc you white guys too!"
If you haven't already been to Engrish.com, prease, have yourself a look at the Fukk Building, kids make sure you ask your mum or dad first - sure you will!

No comments: